What is Transport Equipment?
Transport equipment is any form of equipment used to transport containers and manage them. Furthermore, transport equipment refers to every mode of transportation used during transit. Hence, the mentioned term works on a vast spectrum. Trucks and vans are two examples of transport equipment.
Significance of Transport Equipment in an E-commerce Shipping and Delivery
Transport equipment is the main driving force behind successful order fulfillment. The significance of transport equipment has been elaborated on below:
- Bulk management: Transport equipment is helpful in crying products/containers in bulk transit and delivery time.
- Cost reduction: Transport equipment facilitates the management and delivery of several products in one go. Therefore, operational cost is reduced as less workforce is required. Furthermore, a seller can enjoy lower shipping costs as more products are moved in one go.
Prerequisites of Transport Equipment and How It Works
The primary prerequisite of transport equipment is to have a set of grouped products that requires shipping.
- A forklift is used to load a pre-prepared container into the truck. Here, the container and truck act as transport equipment.
- After a container is received, a forklift is used to load it onto the ship, followed by the remaining delivery life-cycle of the container. Here, the ship is the transport equipment.
Use Case With Transport Equipment
Some use cases of transport equipment are listed below.
- Transporting a container using a van.
- Using a crane to move a container.
- Transporting several containers using a ship.
Here vans, ships, and cranes act as transport equipment.