What Is Poly Bag?
A poly bag is one of the most prevalent types of packaging in e-commerce. These are transparent plastic bags used for the packaging and shipping of different products, including items for daily usage. Poly bags are versatile, cost-effective, reusable, lightweight, and reliable. Typically, poly bags are available in gray or white color and various size options.
Significance of Poly Bag in an E-commerce Shipping and Delivery
It is the most versatile and cost-effective form of packaging in e-commerce. Here are some of the benefits of poly bag.
- Strength – Poly bags prove to be great packaging material since they can be manufactured in different strengths. Thicker poly bags are more resistant to tears and punctures.
- Protective – The material used in manufacturing poly bags works as a protective barrier against moisture. So, these bags are useful for packaging and shipping food items or electronic devices.
- Cost-effectiveness – Poly bag packaging is one of the greatest cost-effective packaging options in the market. It is considerably cheaper due to its short production time.
Prerequisites for Poly Bag and How It Works
A poly bag is used to pack various types of products, including magazines, clothing, and other consumer goods. Sellers can pack the items and then send them to the customer. There are different types of poly bags which include:
- Tamper evident – There are certain tamper evident bags that help customers to know if someone has damaged their package between shipment and receipt.
- Tear strip – These poly bags have a reusable tear strip using which customers can open the bag and reuse it.
- Dual peel and seal – These have two adhesives on them. One is for packing and the second is for returning if necessary.
Depending on the product, sellers can opt for the type of poly bags to deliver the product to the customer.
Use Case With Poly Bag
Poly bags are suitable for almost all e-commerce companies, irrespective of their size. Suppose a company has to ship small goods to the customer, such as books. They can opt to deliver the product in a suitable poly bag to avoid any damage to the product. The seller can also use the poly bag as a customized bag for company branding.