What Is Cubic Space?
Cubic space measures the capacity of a warehouse or other storage area. It is calculated by multiplying the space’s length, width, and height in meters. Cubic space is important for logistics and warehousing, as it helps determine the number of goods that can be stored, shipped, and received in a given space. Cubic space also helps determine the cost of storing items and the most efficient way to keep them.
Importance of Cubic Spaces in E-commerce and Logistics
Cubic space is essential as it helps determine the spacing required for an effective warehouse solution.
1. Cubic space efficiency helps to reduce the overall costs of shipping and delivery.
2. Cubic space optimization allows for greater weight and dimensional calculation accuracy.
3. It reduces the amount of wasted product and the number of trips required for delivery, resulting in fewer vehicle emissions apart from the amount of storage space needed for inventory.
4. Cubic space optimization allows for more efficient packing and labeling, leading to faster order fulfillment.
5. It aids in customer service and overall satisfaction.
Prerequisites of Cubic Space and How it Works
Let’s discuss the prerequisites of cubic space in warehousing.
1. The items’ inventory helps determine the storage space’s size and the type of storage solutions needed.
2. The warehouse floor plan ensures that storage solutions fit appropriately within the space.
3. An organizational system ensures that items can be found and retrieved quickly and easily.
Use Cases of Cubic Space
If you’re planning to go for cubic spacing, you can opt for mezzanines. A mezzanine is a raised floor within a warehouse, which can create additional storage space by stacking items along the walls of the mezzanine. This strategy can reduce the amount of square footage needed and increase the usable storage space.