What Is Craft Paper?
Craft paper is a sustainable material used in the packaging industry for decades. It is a natural material that can be recycled and reused. The use of craft paper in e-commerce and logistics is rising because it offers an eco-friendly alternative to other materials such as plastic, metal, and glass. Multiple synonyms for craft papers exist, including recycled paper, packing paper, and brown paper.
Application of Craft Paper in E-commerce and Logistics
Craft paper is used primarily for branding and packaging, among its numerous uses. Let’s look at other benefits of craft paper.
- Since craft paper supports durability and strength, it is used as an alternative to other materials.
- It is resistant to activities such as piercing.
- It costs less to manufacture and produce craft paper than plastic and other materials.
- It retains its original color, providing no additional costs regarding bleaching and coloring. As a result, chemical manufacturing is avoided.
- Craft paper is recyclable and is made from trees unfit for other functions.
- It is void of odor and can be used in any packaging.
How Craft Paper Works
Craft paper is known for its exceptional strength. This strength is due to more sulfur content and lesser lignin content. Furthermore, in most cases, craft paper is biodegradable, as well. Hence, overall, thanks to its characteristic features, craft paper works both as a durable protective agent and an environmentally-friendly packaging option.
Use Case of Craft Paper
Let’s simulate a situation where you are about to ship some fragile items such as glass containers or electronic equipment. You can use craft paper as it will help you establish physical security and keep the materials intact without little to no harm.