In these pandemic-blighted days when we all have to stay home until COVID-19 blows over, who doesn’t want a slice of that sweet Shopee pie by being a Shopee Philippines Seller? As the Singapore-based e-commerce giant says itself on its own crystal-clear FAQ page, “getting started on Shopee is quick and easy.”
But since you’re here and not on Shopee’s own page, here are the steps it says to follow to become your own seller on Shopee Marketplace (as opposed to the Shopee Mall, which is another article entirely):
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Setting up shop
1. Create your account on shopee.com and click ‘Sign Up.’ Do that by using your mobile number or your existing Facebook, Google, or Apple account. Add and verify your phone number and email.
2. Log in to Seller Centre via seller.shopee.ph and select ‘Shop Settings’ to complete your shop profile.
Your shop’s profile must have three main components:
1. Shopee Philippines Seller shop name
Choose a distinctive, memorable name that reflects your shop and products, while keeping with Shopee’s Shop Naming Guidelines.
2. Images and Videos
Upload up to 5 images and videos to give your shop a strong brand identity.
3. Shop Description
Create a short, concise description to attract shoppers to your shop. You may include information such as your shop’s history, type of products, or chat reply hours. Don’t include personal information (email or phone numbers) or ask shoppers to conduct transactions outside of Shopee. Learn more about Creating your shop description.
Verifying your mobile number
Before adding your products, ensure you have a verified mobile number added to your account to avoid getting your products hidden from Shopee buyers.
1. Click on your account name, then click on ‘My Account.’
2. Add your mobile number and click on ‘Send Verification Code.’ You will receive a six-digit verification code on the number you provided.
3. Enter the verification code then click ‘Confirm.’
Setting up your pickup address as a Shopee Philippines Seller
1. Go to ‘Seller Centre’ and click on My Addresses.
2. Click on 1) + Add a new address, 2) Fill up the contact and address details, and 3) Click on Set as Pickup Address.
Creating your first listing as a Shopee Philippines Seller
Before this, review Shopee’s Prohibited and Restricted Items Policy to ensure your product can be listed for sale, in accordance with Shopee’s Terms and Conditions. Once done, start by following these:
1. Go to Seller Centre and select My Products.
2. Click on + Add a New Product and fill up the product name, category, product attributes, and description.
3. Upload high-resolution, professionally-taken photos of your product.
4. Select shipping settings such as weight and parcel size. Note that different shipping providers may have different shipping fees or restrictions on parcel size and weight.
Shipping out your first order as a Shopee Philippines Seller
Once you have received your first order, here’s what you need to do:
1. In the Seller Centre, go to ‘My Sales’ and click on ‘To Ship’
2. View orders that need to be shipped out in the ‘To Ship’ tab
3. Click on Ship to arrange for shipment (Make sure you arrange for shipment before the stated ship-by date)
4. Pack the order in accordance with Shopee’s Order Packaging Guidelines and attach any required documentation such as the airway bill
5. Hand the order over to the logistics provider
Delivering a great shopping experience as a Shopee Philippines Seller
To grow your Shopee Philippines Seller business, follow these best practices.
Ship on time and avoid canceling orders to build customer trust and loyalty.
Build trust in your shop by uploading authentic products and providing accurate descriptions.
3. Customer Service
Use Shopee Chat to provide prompt, informative, and friendly replies to shopper queries and requests.
Drive traffic to your shop and create a strong brand identity through Shopee’s Marketing Centre.
Read up on Shopee’s seller policies and comply with Shopee’s Minimum Performance Standards.
Tadah! If you have any more questions on being a Shopee Philippines seller, going straight to the source is of course what we recommend — so you can get a chance to reach 343 million monthly visitors on Southeast Asia’s largest e-commerce platform, and maybe reach their customers in Taiwan, South Korea, India, Latin America, and Europe too!
Experience fulfillment by LOCAD
Grow your business through LOCAD’s simplified and automated fulfillment solution
- Unlimited and scaleable warehousing
- Pay only for what you store
- No hidden fees or lock-in periods
- Zero inbound costs
- Wide integration with marketplaces
- Automated logistics and delivery
A veteran writer, editor and journalist with 20 years of experience through four major newspapers and three magazines; An experienced writer who has contributed articles to some of the country’s top sports, business and lifestyle magazines; A lecturer to high school and college students on sports writing and other journalistic topics; An occasional judge of regional and national interschool writing competitions.