Lazada is one of the top e-commerce sites in Singapore. It is rare to find anyone in the country of 5.8 million people not to have bought from or at least know what Lazada is.
Lazada Singapore has numerous categories, from electronics, home building items, office equipment, car accessories, and personal items to baby toys and everything else in between. Being a Singapore-based company, it’s been set up uniquely to cater to domestic buyers and has brought this approach to other nations in Southeast Asia where it is also very successful.
Lazada has expanded to such an extent that it has set up at least three main branches: LazMall which features a wide array of original product categories; Taobao for made-in-China brands; and RedMart for groceries.
It also introduced big monthly sales to keep retail habits fun for both buyers and sellers. This has resulted in big sales for the e-commerce site and its partner sellers. Flash sales are also fairly common, so buyers get to wait for the products they want to become cheaper.
With the upcoming month-long Great Singapore Sale starting September 9, there are plenty of opportunities to grab the best deals in Lazada. Some of the sellers on Lazada have already started posting possible price cuts during the upcoming sale. It looks like the big sale event will be even more interesting this year.
Let’s look at the current items on Lazada that are getting some attention in Singapore.
There’s a reason why Singapore’s RedMart is huge: Singaporeans are big on groceries. A household would spend about S$400 a month on groceries alone, such as these items:
- Meiji Fresh Milk 2L (S$5.95) – This is a low-fat fresh milk brand from Japan and is a favorite for breakfast and mixing with oats or even coffee.
- Eggs 12 pieces (S$4.70) – A favorite staple food in Singapore, these eggs are sourced from Malaysia
- Royal Umbrella Thai Hom Mali Rice 5KG (S$15.35) – Another staple food is rice. But Singaporeans are particular with this particular brand of jasmine rice due to its taste.
- FreezePak Crispy Chicken Nuggets (S$8.40) – Tempura-style battered nuggets that are easy to cook and ready to pack for breakfast or lunch.
- CJ Bibigo Savory Roasted Korean Seasoned Seaweed 4Gx12pcs (S$4.12) –Roasted seaweeds have been a popular snack in Singapore. These are now in smaller single-serve packs.
- Australian Broccoli 300g (S$4.20) – Stir-fried with oyster sauce, steamed, or eaten raw, broccoli is considered a favored superfood
Singapore has among the highest phone penetration rates in Asia, accounting for 145% of the total population. This makes mobile phones a necessary device to have.
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max (S$2,009) – With an OLED display and longer-lasting battery, this new product from iPhone can deliver peak performance while on the go.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 5G (S$963.42) – One of the best camera phones around that can do nigh-time photography with ease. It also comes in four colors.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 128 GB (S$249) – Powered by a Snapdragon 680 chip and with a screen size of 6.43 inches, this phone is the phone of choice for entertainment and gaming.
- Poco M3 Pro 5G (S$299) – Now powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor, this device can run multiple apps for an entire day.
- Samsung Galaxy A22 5G (S$278) – One of the low-cost models of Samsung is getting a lot of traction among users and so it’s given new upgrades, like 5G connectivity.
High-tech devices require high-tech parts, which is why many accessories are sold to accommodate the electronic lifestyle of Singaporeans.
- UGreen USB Type-C to USB-C PD 60W/100W data transfer cable (S$5.69) – This fast charger is compatible with the majority of phone brands and their models, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, and even Apple.
- Baseus 2.4A USB Cable for iPhone (S$3.49) – Perfect for iPhones and iPads, it could fast charge devices with 1.5A power output. This braided cable prevents damage due to bending.
- 20,000MAh Powerbank fast charger (S$14.80) – 5-in-1 device that could fast charge most phones. It also comes with an emergency light.
- Savfy Aluminum Laptop Stand (S$31.99) – This foldable laptop stand can hold up laptop sizes of up to 17 inches.
- Apple Airpods (S$259) – The new model turns out to be the most popular true wireless stereo headset around.
The beauty and cosmetics industry in Singapore is huge and was worth about US$1 billion in 2019. The growth estimate was set at 2% annually, even during COVID.
- Noblesse Korean Facial Skin Care Mask (S$0.71) – Daily scare mask that makes skin moist and healthy. It comes in 15 essences, from cucumber, pomegranate, acai berry, and others.
- Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Facial Mask 5 pcs (S$3.99) – A daily low-irritant mask that is breathable. Perfect for those with sensitive skin.
- Olay White Radiance Super Serum 30ml (S$119.80) — Concentrated formula to reduce the look of dark spots, for visibly more even tone and texture.
- 3W Clinic Auto Eyebrow Pencil 5 shades (S$1.39) – This allows you to do smooth and natural drawings of eyebrows.
- Lilybred Lipstick Mood Liar Velvet Lip Tint Thence Edition 4.2g (S$7.27) – Maintain a clean color without wrinkles or dead skin cells on your lips.
Cleanliness is a required state in Singapore, which is why personal care and household items are a must.
- Dettol Antiseptic Germicide Liquid 5L bundle of 2 (S$87.10) – Proven effective against COVID-19, it can also be used for first aid, personal care, and household cleaning purposes.
- Walch Multi-Purpose Disinfectant Wet Wipes 84pcsx6 rolls (S$46.90) — With its Micro-lock Technology, it is effective in clearing off the dust, dirt, and 99.9% of germs in just a wipe.
- Dynamo Power Gel Laundry Detergent 2.5kg (S$42.50) – Concentrated gel detergent that deeply penetrates into the fabric and removes residual invisible stains that cause odors.
- Garbage bag 45x50cm or 50x60cm (S$5.19) – Non-toxic waste bags
- Vinda Deluxe Smooth Feel 3-Ply Toilet Tissue 16 rolls (S$12.74) – Knitted Fiber technology makes these tissues extra soft, extra strong, and extra absorbent.