Social media sellers on Facebook and Instagram would greatly benefit from Shopify Lite to automate their order processing at such low costs. Find out how to do this for your e-commerce business.
Many online businesses start by selling on social media platforms. After all, it’s easier to reach new customers where they already spend most of their time. Social media platforms also offer a dedicated Shop button or section which makes browsing easy for customers.
However, once a product is clicked, customers usually land on shopping apps or websites which can ruin the shopping experience. Aside from breaking the flow of a customer’s experience, some online sellers prefer not to sell through marketplaces or build websites.
So, is there a way for social media selling to be simplified without the use of a marketplace or website? The answer is yes, and it’s called Shopify Lite.
What is Shopify Lite?
The Shopify Lite plan is Shopify’s cheapest product offering at $9 per month which gives merchants a “Buy Button” which they can use for their website, point-of-sale, or social media shop.
Unlike with a Basic Shopify or even regular Shopify plan, merchants who use Shopify Lite cannot have a store front. However, what it lacks in features, it more than makes up for with flexibility and affordability. With Shopify Lite, merchants can access and enjoy the following features:
- Shopify Admin access
- Buy Button
- Shopify POS Lite sales channels
- Overview dashboard
- Finances reports
- Customer profiles
- Order management
- Product management
- Mobile POS and hardware accessories
- Email carts
- QR code product details
- In-store inventory
- Gift cards
- Split bill
- Custom discounts and discount codes
Merchants can simply connect their Shopify Lite to their existing website, blog or social media page where they sell.
How can I use Shopify Lite when selling on social media?
With Shopify Lite, you can sell via social media seamlessly by having a “Buy” button that lets you manage your orders through a simplified platform.
How does it work? Say, you sell on Facebook, when your customer lands on your page, clicks the Shop section, browses through your catalog, and click the product they want, a “Buy” button will appear which when clicked will lead them to a secure payment gateway connected to your Shopify Lite.
This way, they never have to order from an external website or message you via direct message with their order.
If you already set up your products and planning to branch out to another Facebook page, no problem! Shopify Lite can integrate with your new page and have all your products ready to go — no new upload needed.
Shopify Lite is not only useful for social media selling on Facebook. Instagram, which is now growing as one of the top sales channels of many e-commerce brands, can also be integrated with Shopify Lite.
And with automatic sync, when products are updated on the platform, they are also updated on Facebook and Instagram.
Simply put, the “Buy” button will empower you to sell and give a website-like experience to your customers without breaking the bank.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Setup Shopify Lite for Social Media
To help you get started, here’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how you can setup Shopify Lite for social selling. The steps are pretty similar across all platforms so for the purpose of this guide, we’ll show you how to do it on Facebook.
First you must have the following:
- Facebook Business page with at least 100 followers
- Shopify Lite subscription (for just $9)
Once you have these ready, time to get started:
Once you have these ready, time to get started:
- Open your Shopify account > click the Facebook logo > click Connect Account
- Give Shopify permission to connect to your Facebook by clicking Continue > click Choose what you allow > click Ok
- Now that your Facebook account is connected, you now have to connect your Facebook business page. Select the page you want to add the Shop section to > click Connect
- Since you will be using Facebook as a platform to sell your products, you must accept their merchant terms. Read it carefully and click Accept terms once done
- Once your Shopify account is integrated to you Facebook page, you will see “Manage your collections on Shopify”
- To start uploading your products, go to your Shopify account, click the Facebook logo > click Add your first product to get started
- You may now start adding the product title, description, photos, and price on Shopify. Once your done, the product will appear on your Facebook page’s Shop section and a “Buy” button will appear for your customers to click
That’s it! You’re now set to start seamlessly selling on Facebook with Shopify Lite.
How you can supercharge your store with LOCAD and Shopify Lite
Now that you have your social media store set up and working seamlessly, time to supercharge it with end-to-end fulfillment by LOCAD.
While Shopify Lite makes the front-end of your business easy to manage, LOCAD will automate the backend and logistics.
Simply connect your Shopify Lite to LOCAD’s plug-and-play program, inbound your inventory to any of our many fulfillment centers, and you can rest easy knowing that your orders are automatically fulfilled.