Facebook Ads is now officially available for Shoppee Seller Center in various countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
In an update, Shopee announced that this development will ”empower the region’s largest community of over 20 million sellers with new tools to grow their businesses.”
Shopee said 95 percent of its users rely on Facebook and Instagram to discover new brands and products.
With this integration, merchants and sellers can boost their online presence by tapping Facebook, Instagram, and Audience Network channels to help drive traffic to their official Shopee stores.
Facebook Ads on Shopee Seller Center is part of Shopee’s ongoing commitment to support businesses of all sizes to scale online.
Shopee Seller Center offers a one-stop platform to help sellers manage their stores with ease, providing them with access to a full suite of marketing and data tools to create listings, run promotions, and optimize their online business performance.
Facebook Ads on Shopee Seller Center are currently available to selected sellers across seven markets during this initial launch phase and will be rolled out to more sellers in subsequent months.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
What does this mean for merchants/businesses on Shopee?
Facebook Ads will allow Shopee merchants and sellers to create greater personalization of ads that are served based on users’ preferences and behaviors on the platform, thus promoting order conversion and maximizing sales growth.
This will allow e-commerce companies to reach more shoppers who are more likely to find a particular merchant’s or seller’s products relevant.
Sellers can utilize and leverage an additional feature on the Shopee Seller Center together with other Shopee marketing solutions to increase the visibility of their Shopee store and products to even more interested shoppers.
Facebook Ads will also allow merchants and sellers to extend their products’ ads across other apps and websites thus increasing their customer base.
Shopee will continue to expand its ecosystem through more industry-leading partnerships such as its collaboration with Meta (parent company of Facebook) to continue supporting sellers with more opportunities to scale and upskill digitally.
Speaking of more opportunities, “digital discovery” remains crucial in driving demand and sales, and Facebook Ads through the Shopee Seller Center will be the enabling engine for thousands of sellers to have equitable and easier access to leverage Facebook Ads which will connect them with new customers and grow their businesses.
Why Shopee merchants have to maximize Facebook Ads?
Shopee merchants and sellers who took part in a pilot program for Shopee Facebook Ads initiative have been starting to see encouraging results and positive business impacts.
One example is the electronics firm MobileHub from Singapore. During a three-week pilot campaign, MobileHub showcased its products through the dynamic carousel format. This enables the brand to promote multiple products simultaneously and aims to eventually achieve sales conversion.
MobileHub reported that results from the pilot campaign showed that the company gained more than 130,000 impressions and achieved 2.2 times ROAS compared to before.
For MobileHub, setting up was easy and took only less than an hour. Shopee also provided MobileHub with a guidebook that showed clear instructions.
In Thailand, Speed Computer, which sells laptops and computer accessories on Shopee, reported “good results.” In a two-week pilot campaign, it reported 230,000 impressions and 6.4 times ROAS.
The opportunity behind Facebook ads
Facebook Ads is an effective way to drive traffic from active users, and more traffic usually means more chances of someone buying or purchasing your products or services.
A quick background: Facebook reported that it has more than 1.8 billion users as of 2020, which is now much higher.
Since Facebook acquired Instagram back in 2012, its reach of Facebook got even wider. Facebook Ads thus allow merchants and sellers to reach different sets of demographics.
The transformation of Instagram as a viable marketing/selling platform bodes well with Facebook Ads since a brand can now be seen by potentially countless users.
Facebook ads for personalization
Facebook Ads offers great flexibility to the different types of ads that merchants and sellers can create. Facebook Ads are also shown on Instagram and Facebook’s display network, thus, an e-commerce company has much more “range” and flexibility to create the ads that reflect your business or products and services
Facebook Ads allow merchants and sellers to try out different ad formats and placements when it comes to customizability. Doing so will allow you to find out the most effective combinations that might be relevant or that might resonate with your intended audience. For example, you can create a video ad to see viewers’ reactions. Or, you can create an ad with still images or simple text. The goal is to see which model is more likely to convince customers to purchase your products and services. There is a ton of customization or mix-and-match possibilities, and the challenge will be finding out which works for you.
How to access Facebook Ads in Shopee Seller Center
You can initiate the Shopee Facebook Ads by registering and creating a Shopee account. After that, make sure you have the three main components of your shop’s profile:
- Shop Name
Choose a distinctive and memorable shop name that reflects your shop and products, while keeping with Shopee’s naming guidelines.
- Images and Videos
Upload up to 5 images and videos to give your shop a strong brand identity.
- Shop Description
Create a short and succinct description to attract shoppers to your shop. You may include information such as your shop’s history, type of products, or chat reply hours. Do not include personal information such as email or phone numbers, or ask shoppers to conduct transactions outside of Shopee.
Before adding your products, make sure that you have a verified mobile number added in your account to avoid getting your products hidden from the buyers.
Fortunately, Shopee has all the necessary guides that you might need if you are a merchant or seller wanting to join the Shopee marketplace.
How to create a Facebook Campaign from a Shopee account?
Shopee makes it easy to manage Facebook Ads via the Shopee Seller Center. You must first make a Facebook account through the Facebook Ads tool in the Marketing Center.
After the creating an account, here are the succeeding steps:
- Wait for 15 minutes for your account to be created.
- Please note that on the last 2 calendar days of each month, Facebook pauses account creation to make way for scheduled system maintenance. Business as usual starts from the 2nd calendar day of each month.
- Creating an account at least 7 days before running your first campaign on Facebook is recommended.
- Once your account is created, you can immediately top up your ad credit.
A Facebook Ads campaign allows you to advertise your products based on a specific budget and a time period. Only when you top up your ads credit would you be able to create a Facebook Ads campaign through the Marketing Center.
Adding products to the Facebook ad campaign
Merchants and sellers can have 10 different products to showcase on a shopper’s feed in a carousel format. These products are automatically chosen by Facebook to match the shopper’s interests and behaviors. Here are some tips on how to optimize adding products to your campaign:
- You have the option to display a minimum of five products of your own selection.
- Adding more products helps in improving the performance of your Facebook Ads campaign, just make sure that they are in stock.
- Fewer products may mean fewer impressions, so don’t be stingy about your product selection.
- Facebook Ads will want to ensure that your products are in stock and reasonably priced.
- In case your product is Disapproved, simply hover over the question mark icon to see the reason why it was given such a verdict. Make the necessary changes in order to get listed.
- A dashboard allows you to edit the products that you may want to include in your Facebook Ads, make sure to maximize this.
Monitoring your Facebook campaign via Shopee Seller Center
Since you are spending on these ads, it’s important that you keep track of them. Luckily, you can do this through the Shopee Seller Center too. Just follow these steps:
- Through the Marketing Center, you can click Overview where a quick summary of your account performance is available.
- To gather data, simply select Export Data. Don’t forget to select the proper timeframe that you want to check.
- To gain insights into each Facebook Ads campaign, select all campaigns
- Easily find campaigns by name through the search option available upper left-hand corner
- To make changes to your campaign, click Edit under the Action column
- To temporarily stop your campaign, click Pause under the Status column
- To reactivate a paused campaign, click Enable
- To permanently stop a campaign, click Archive
Facebook ad campaign management best practices
Now that you have completed the necessary setup of your Shopee storefront and have integrated it with Facebook Ads, what comes next?
There are quite a few pointers if you want to make Facebook Ads more engaging. To make as many customers see your ad, ‘engagement” is of utmost importance, as higher engagement could lead to higher conversion.
Here are some pointers from Facebook:
- Make your creatives (whether photo or video) mobile-friendly by making them vertical or square. Most people who shop through Shopee use their phones vertically, so you’ll be able to maximize the screen real estate through a vertical creative.
- Use less text on images. When you use text on your image, try a smaller font and fewer words to lower the proportion of text in an image. We’ve found that images with less than 20 percent text perform better, though there is no limit on the amount of text you can use in your ad image.
- Shorten text. People on Facebook and Instagram tend to scan quickly. It took 2–3 seconds for 2 out of 3 for people to see and cognitively recognize desktop ads compared to 0.4 seconds on mobile.
- Add multiple images using the carousel format. A carousel allows you to show several images for people to scroll through at the same cost. Maximize your ads by putting as many products and images as possible.
- Add movement. Ads with movement stand out in Feed.
- Stories ads are good formats. Easily make them through the free templates that can automatically animate your ad. Don’t be afraid to edit the colors, images, and fonts. If you’re more comfortable, you could also try free apps.
- Create timelapse and loop videos.
- Direct your customer to convert through calls to action (CTA) buttons. Facebook and Instagram ads offer a number of CTA options. The goal of these buttons is to draw attention and encourage people to engage, and hopefully convert, through your ad. Try experimenting with the different CTA buttons for various ad objectives and formats. And when you find the CTA buttons that audiences respond to, double down on that.
Having Facebook ads accessible through the Shopee Seller Center is a welcome addition to the growing interconnectedness of marketing and e-commerce platforms. Through this, many e-commerce brands would be able to grow their businesses further.