What is an En route?
En route in e-commerce refers to the process of goods or services being shipped or delivered from the seller to the buyer. This includes the tracking of goods and associated activities such as customs clearance, warehousing, pickup and delivery, tracking, and billing. This process is an important part of the customer experience and builds customer loyalty.
Significance of En route in E-commerce Logistics
En route is an important tool for e-commerce businesses. It helps merchants to track their orders and provides product updates to customers.
- It also helps merchants to keep track of their inventory and ensure that customers have access to the information they need.
- It provides a secure, efficient and cost-effective way to process payments and manage customer orders.
- By using en route, merchants can provide customers with a seamless, personalized shopping experience, which can help to increase customer satisfaction.
Prerequisites to Calculate En route and How It Works
En route status update allows customers to know that the product is on its way to the final destination. The details on en route in e-commerce allow companies to calculate the shipping cost beforehand.
Prerequisites to know en route in e-commerce –
- Geographic coordinates of the point of origin and the point of destination
- Distance calculation
- Shipping cost calculation
With accurate geographical location, a business can calculate the accurate shipping cost based on the distance. Once the shipping cost is determined, it can be added to the cost of the product or order. This will provide the total cost of the order, including shipping.
Use Case With En route
En route is an important link in the supply chain and ensures the timely, safe, and cost-efficient delivery of goods. Suppose a customer has ordered a watch from your business. An en route update to customers will allow them to have a real-time update on the product status. This improves the customer shopping experience.