By now, TikTok has been the go-to social media platforms for many. Recently, the short-form video platform has also been extensively used for marketing and e-commerce purposes, not just because of its massive popularity but because of its potential for creators.
However, there are potentially thousands and thousands of creators trying to do the same thing and attract the same market. And in many cases, you might be wondering why the very same kinds of content have more likes, comments, and follows.
The answer, it seems, is that these creators have a nifty tool kit at their disposal.
We already tackled some of the tips to improve your content “virality” on TikTok. This time let’s take a deep dive into the tools that will make your creations even more successful.
In this article, we will discuss the ten TikTok tools that you, as a content creator, should have in your tool kit to enhance your “brand” and “win.”
Must-have tools for TikTok
When we speak of tools, these can be either in-app tools (for example TikTok analytics), or third-party tools that have been crafted with TikTok users in mind.
There are a lot of tools for content creators, and it is perhaps easier to categorize these tools into a few distinct categories. These will include tools for editing, scheduling, analytics, engagement, and for advertisements.
First, let’s look at editing tools that you can use to get a leg up on the competition. Just a quick note: Most of the tools are not free, but paying for a subscription will be worth it in the long run, especially if you plan to monetize your content.
- Adobe Premiere Rush. We all know that professionals use Adobe as an indispensable tool for editing. But this variant allows you to publish your edited content directly to TikTok. There is a step-by-step guide and that features including speed ramping, various filters, creative transitions, among others, are readily available even for the novice editor. This tool is so popular that there are a lot of video tutorials on TikTok focusing on Adobe Premiere Rush.
- CapCut. While this might not be as popular as Adobe, CapCut is often referred to as an “all-in-one” video editing app. It might not have as many features as Adobe, but it does have trending stickers, custom fonts, trimming, cropping, merging, speed control, etc. It is also a go-to editing tool for mobile and has support for IOS and android. Fun fact: CapCut is owned by the same group which owns TikTok and is completely free,
- GoPro’s Quik. We all know what adventure cameras can do and GoPro is the undisputed leader in this field. Fortuntely, GoPro also has Quik, which is catered to adventurous content creators. Aside from all the bells and whistles, Quick also has automatic beat-syncing and timed transitions. GoPro’s app Quik is an adventure content creator’s best friend. This TikTok editing tool will automatically match your content with “beat-synced themes and transitions to create stunning and shareable edits.” GoPro even promises that you can easily trim, edit and mix video clips and automatically import and organize your photos and videos.
- CopySmith. A good caption is always a must when it comes to social media. However, not all can write good copy. Good thing there is CopySmith, touted as a tool that uses artificial intelligence or AI to write copy. The AI actually generated copy, and the creator just needs to review the generated copy. However, time spent on creating captions is drastically reduced by using this tool.
Scheduling and analytics
TikTok creators know that scheduling video posts is very important to maximize the reach of your content. Thus, a planning and scheduling tool is a must-have for creators. There are a ton of tools along this line and many are free to use.
- Hootsuite. What does Hootsuite do? It allows a content creator to schedule the posting of videos anytime in the future. This is pretty nifty because TikTok’s in-app scheduler allows only up to 10 days in advance for any TikTok video. Hootsuite also has an easy-to-use dashboard not just for scheduling, but also for reviewing, and answering comments on creator videos.
- TikTok analytics. When it comes to analytics, you cannot go wrong with TikTok’s own analytics tools. We already discussed at length but to repeat: TikTok’s analytics can provide content creators with information such as followers, profile likes, the number of videos posted, and engagement rates. These are the key metrics that creators need to have an insight on how their videos are performing.
- Another analytical tool is Brandwatch which can monitor TikTok songs or hashtags. Creators can then use these trending songs for their own content. It is no secret that jumping on the bandwagon—as far as trending music is concerned—is a sure-fire way to increase your viewers. Aside from music, Brandwatch also scours blogs, forums, social media networks, news, and videos, etc. depending on search items or terms that you have set.
Tools for engagement and advertisement
Engaging your audience is another way to improve your TikTok videos. Fortunately, there are quite a few tools you can use.
- SidesMedia. May consider this tool as one of the most popular engagement tools for TikTok. In a nutshell, SidesMedia allows creators to acquire real followers and likes, get more exposure and reach, and eventually increase views of your videos. It is not free, but a premium account can help your channel grow
- ViewsExpert. This tool might be very similar to SidesMedia, as it can also allow you to acquire followers and likes. This tool also promises budget-friendly prices without compromising real and high-quality followers.
- TikTok Pixel. When it comes to advertisement, TikTok Pixel might be the tool you’re looking for. There might be a bit of a learning curve, as you need to install TikTok Pixel (a piece of code) directly onto your website. Once you do, this tool that tracks how your TikTok ads are affecting or impacting your website. TikTok Pixel will also allow creators to track and optimize TikTok ad campaigns.
These are the ten TikTok tools to hopefully make your channel a winner. As an addition, perhaps you might also want to consider TikTok Promote, a paid service from TikTok which can significantly increase video views, website clicks, and follower count.